Thursday, December 22, 2011

'Tis The Season

It is worth noting that I have about 10 versions of this picture in trying to figure out what was up with  the camera.  I actually had to go to a camera store to solve it.  Turns out I just don't know how to use a camera.  Baby steps.
'Tis the season to talk about faith.  Because I believe that faith is true and Jesus is real.  Relatedly, I also believe that forcing other people to listen to what I believe isn't the way to make them change.  I know that I can't make people believe in what I believe, just like you can't make me believe that humans evolved from apes.  I'm not going to try, so feel free to leave now if you're uncomfortable.  I'll wait.

That being said, I also believe that there is a time and a place for religion, and Christmas falls under one of those times.  So, I will come out, tell you what I believe, and that can be the end of that.  Or the beginning, but that's more up to you guys.

I believe that Jesus is God's son who came to earth as a sacrifice for our sins.  I believe in the whole bit, the virgin Mary, the wise men, and the shepherds out in the field nearby.  I know that we live in a broken world, and I believe that Jesus came to put a stop to it.  I believe that's something to celebrate.  I believe in the forgiveness of sins, and in everlasting life in heaven.  I think there might be some credit to those conspiracy theories, but that's probably a conversation best had in person.

Three more days till Christmas.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

1 comment: