Friday, December 30, 2011

Right Then

{This week instead of doing a Right Now post I'm doing Right Then as an end of the year reflection.  Hope you like it.}

I tried to spend my time more wisely this year and was continuously trying to see where I could be doing things that would better myself.  I'm not sure that this directly lead to more activity, but I think it did make me more aware of the ways that I could be wasting my time less.  It's a start at least.

I took on more responsibility this year, work-load-wise and financially.  It was really comforting to be able to say that I feel prepared for being financially independent.  I know that I'm nowhere near that now, but I'm working with the stepping stones of it.  I also feel more confident in my ability to keep house.  It's strange how domestic I am sometimes, but I really like having a nice place to live in.

I started planning and organizing differently.  I've always been a pretty organized person, but when I moved into the new apartment in Chicago I kind of took it to a whole new level.  This has lead to more health contentiousness and more budget contentiousness.  Awesome.

I learned a lot about myself and how I deal with leadership (not well) by being a leader in InterVarsity.  I didn't really talk about the process and reasons for me leaving on this blog, and may never quite be comfortable enough to explain it on here, but suffice to say I learned a lot and grew in my faith and in knowing myself.

Overall I'm really happy with 2011, and I'm looking forward to what 2012 will bring.  Travel, planning, new projects, and new possibilities are all on the horizon.  Bring it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment