Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Not Hard To Feel Like A Badass... When It's 32 degrees

Last week I went rollerblading.  

I always talk on and on about how I don't want to let the weather stop from doing things outside.  I was thinking about this while on my way home one night last week, while thinking about how much I miss rollerblading. Then I got to thinking, why am I letting the temperature stop me?

So Friday morning I got up, put on my long johns and a sweatshirt, and went off on my adventure.  SO AWESOME!  There's something about being out on an empty trail and not being able to feel your fingers that makes you feel like you're on top of the world. 

And yes, it was cold.  Very cold.  But at the same time it was beautiful.  Beautiful in an eerie sort of way.  On my way South I got to ride down my favorite hill without even slowing down for potential run ins with other humans.  There was no one there to hit.  Turning back South I got to see the city skyline, and try to figure out what I think about the new Roosevelt Building being added to it.

I wish I could say I had pictures.  But alas, I'm sort of terrified of taking my camera with me.  It's sort of difficult anyway because of minimal pocket-age.

No comments:

Post a Comment