Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday





I've never been quite sure how I feel about lent.  I didn't grow up celebrating it, and even when I did participate I never really got much from it.  I find that there's something terrifying about finding something you would be willing to give up for a month.  To be honest, I still only loosely grasp the idea behind it, but I'm going to take a whack at it nonetheless.  Besides, this will also fulfill my 21 Before 21 goal of going a month without mirrors.  And then I'll do my learning makeup to do on, or immediately following, Easter.  I do like that I have a plan for it.

In any case, this is the last self-portrait in a mirror for a while, and then a picture of the mirror all covered up.  I want to make that vast expanse of white prettier, but we'll see if I get around to it.

In other news, my sister is on her way to my apartment from the airport.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment