Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The world of _ vs. _

I seem to have accidentally gotten into a camera showdown with my roommate the other day.  She's  a Canon Girl and my fingers have never known anything but Nikon.  I was checking out her camera and she was explaining all the things she loved about it.  I was curious, and wound up bringing mine in for a side-by-side comparison.  I hope she didn't take it the wrong way, because I know she loves her camera, and I love my camera.  They're just really different beasts.  Everything from the way the body's settings adjust to the way the lenses move.

Here's the thing though, and this is true for a lot of things, neither one is better.  People get into arguments good over evil, and they're discussing things like Mac verses Windows.  Cat verses dogs.  Pirates verses Ninjas.  And if we really look at it we can see that none of that is really constructive.  It just pits people against each other and makes enemies out of people who otherwise might be really good friends.

People are different.  Unique.  That's the way the world works.  And if it wasn't then we would all be the same and the world would be boring.  But you know that.  You've heard it a thousand times.  Our freedom of choice is what makes us human and what, in turn, binds us together as humans.

Hmm, that got a little preachy-er than I intended it to, but the point remains.  I am going to go and do some chores and homework and get on with this day I have because I'm actually fantastically excited to be getting so much done so early in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment