Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Can't Take the Sky From Me

This past Saturday I, in a display of complete nerdom, went to an event called Can't Stop the Serenity.  It was a charity event supporting a charity called Equality Now, supporting women's rights around the world.  For me, it was more of an opportunity to see Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog and Serenity on a really big screen than anything else, but that it benefits charity is an extra plus.

There was an auction, and a costume contest, and a friend of mine that come into town to come see it with me.  So much fun.  Next year I want to enter the costume contest.  So much.  I'd never been to something like that before and it was really fun to be around a bunch of other people who also loved something as much as I do.  It was hysterical to see "Fandom" used as a legitimate word in conversation.  And by hysterical I mean awesome.

As a bonus, yesterday my roommate and I went to Borders to check out the reduced price duds for their going out of business sale.  I snagged a few seasons worth of TV including.... Firefly!  I've seen it all before, but it will be nice to have it legally in a hard copy and to see the special features.  An in-depth consideration of all things Joss Wedon is inevitable, I'm sure.  I just have to see some Dollhouse so that it can be a bit more well rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment