Friday, August 26, 2011

Before and After: "Wit Beyond Measure"

The before picture.  Or the first picture I remembered to take because I had kind of wanted a before picture.

Before and after pictures of the bookcase that I was working nearly two weeks ago now.  My whole living room was a disaster area for a week and a half, but I'm really happy with the results.  I got the two bookcases for free.  I had been working on a project where they were set pieces and asked if I could have them.  It was a fun project to fix them up.  I scraped all the hardware foam off one of the cases, and off the removable shelves of the other, then painted the case and shelves to coordinate nicely with my room.

I painted an inscription on one of the sides, and still want to do the other as well.  The first says "Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure," from Rowena Ravenclaw out of Harry Potter.  I haven't quite decided what I want the other side to say.  At first I wanted to pick something from Doctor Who, but I think the poster (see below) covers that obsession.  Now I'm thinking I may put something out of Firefly.  If I do it will most likely be "Burn the land / Boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me." out of the theme song.

Mostly clean

Taking a break.  My feet are covered in sparkles and pink paint.


Painting
The finished product
Next to my massive Doctor Who poster
Inscription says, "Wit beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure"  a quote from Rowena Ravenclaw out of Harry Potter.  What can I say, my nerdom knows no bounds.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment