As many of you know it was a goal of mine to attempt 20 new things before my 20th birthday. Sadly my birthday has come and gone, and half the list goes undone. I hold out hope for next year though as I am putting the finishing touches on the 21 Before 21 list, and putting in place plans to actually go do the things on the list. Yeah. Anywho, here goes; the list of 20 things that were done or not done by my 20th birthday.
1. Have a fancy tea party. Not done, but I threw one for my old roommate's birthday which was immediately after mine. Counts?
2. Try out a crown braid. DONE. Has become a near-staple.
3. Knit a hat. Not done, learning this winter from Elspeth.
4. Bake a pie. DONE.
5. Read the whole bible. Not done, on the list for next year and already working on it.
6. Sew a pair of pants. DONE. Sort of, shorts count.
7. Grow a herb garden. Not done.
8. Go on a hike. DONE
9. Go to a real concert. DONE
10.Learn to navigate by bike DONE
11.Send a care package. Not done.
12.Organize a clothing swap. Not done.
13.Learn to apply make-up. Not done.
14.Be in a performance. DONE Sort of.
15.Go to a Critical Mass ride. Not done.
16.Teach myself to play a song on the piano. Not done
17.Post poetry online. DONE
18.Skip class and go out to breakfast. Not done.
19.Try yoga. DONE
20.Go camping. Not done.
Total things done: 9
Total things not done: 11
Things from this year on next years list: 7
Next week look for my new list of 21 Before 21.